Book your rental online: Make a gear reservation and book a pick-up and drop-off appointment. You will be directed to sign the Outdoor Centre rental contract and proceed with payment. All rentals reservations require payment by credit card; we cannot accept debit at this time. Once payment goes through, you will receive a receipt and copy of the work order.
There are no walk-in rentals at this time.
Rental Shop FAQs
Q. Do I need an appointment?
Yes. You will be asked to select an appointment when you book online.
Q. Can I change my appointment?
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to change your appointment once it has been confirmed.
Q. I'm going to be late for my appointment, what do I do?
Please do not turn up at the Outdoor Centre outside of your appointment time. Send an email to email@example.com if you know you are going to miss your appointment and we will do our very best to make alternative arrangements. We are unable to guarantee changes at this time as we have limited appointments to ensure the safety of our staff, customers and the community.
Q. Is my payment secure?
Yes. Online payment is by credit card only on a secure University of Calgary server.
Q. I'm unable to sign the contract, and/or I forgot my password. What do I do?
You can change your Active Living password here. If you are having trouble signing the online forms, sometimes switching to Internet Explorer works. If you are still having problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Where can I park when I pick up or drop off the rental gear?
Please arrive for the pick-up appointment time that you booked. Parking is free in one of the designated pick-up parking spaces by our front entrance only. Put on your 4 way hazard lights.
Q. What is the pick-up and drop-off procedure?
- Parking: Parking is free for 20 minutes in lot 5. Please arrive for the pick-up appointment time that you booked, and drive up to one of the designated pick-up parking spaces by our front entrance. Put on your 4 way hazard lights.
- Verification: Have your photo ID (driver's licence, passport or UCID card) and your work order number ready so that staff can verify your reservation.
- Pick-Up: The next available member of staff will assist you with your reservation.
- Gear Check: Ensure that you have everything on your order, and it is in good working order. You are responsible for the gear. Do you have insurance?
- Parking: Please arrive for the pick-up appointment time that you booked. Parking is free in one of the designated parking spaces by our front entrance only. Put on your 4 way hazard lights.
- Unloading: Unload your equipment and proceed to the front entrance.
- Drop-Off. The next available member of staff will direct you to place your equipment in the designated return zone.
- Complete the return: Please wait in until staff have checked equipment back in.
Q. Can I drop off my item early?
No. We have limited time-slots, days, and staff to try to reduce congestion.
Q. I have a question about my rental item. Whom do I contact?
Email email@example.com. Please be advised that we are receiving a large volume of email and our staff will do their best to contact you in a timely manner.
Q. I sent in a request and haven't heard back - do I have a booking?
No. We are receiving a very high volume of requests and while doing our best to respond, are not able to accommodate all requests. The quickest way to confirm a booking is through our online rentals.
Q. What if the weather is bad? Can I change or cancel my booking after confirmation?
If more than 72 hours notice of cancellation is provided prior to the pickup date on the contract, a full refund will be provided. If less than 72 hours notice is provided, you will receive a 50% refund. A change of date will be treated as cancellation, with rebooking subject to availability of appointment times.