Hours and Access
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- The climbing wall will be closed April. 15 and 18.
Belay tests: All climbing wall users must sign a waiver and complete a current Top Rope and/or Lead Belay Test.
Access: Check in at the Outdoor Centre (KNB180) then access the Climbing Wall on the basement floor (KNB80).
- Same as Kinesiology building hours
- Thursdays: 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Access: You must check in at the Outdoor Centre (KNB180) or Active Living Client Services (KNA104). Access the Boulder Wall on the basement floor of the Kinesiology A block.
What sets us apart?
Built to practice outdoor mountain skills. Our 13m indoor climbing wall features an Entre-Prises wall and molded concrete panels embedded with quartzite holds, texture, cracks and chimneys. It was designed to learn/practice leading on gear, anchor building, rappelling, rock rescue and crevasse rescue.
A revamped Bouldering Wall. The bouldering wall in the basement of the Kinesiology A block was revamped in 2019 with recommendations and feedback from the local climbing community.
Come climb with us!
Access to the Climbing and Bouldering Walls is included for UCalgary students and Active Living members.
Non-members can purchase a drop-in Day Pass to climb.